HARTMAN ENGINEERING has provided engineering
expertise to a variety of clients. This has been in the form
of peer evaluation of design work, problem analysis and
solution as a project proceeds and evaluation of site
conditions for a variety of situations.
activities include the following:
- Emergency evaluation of the structural integrity of a
hospital building and minimization of damage during a flood
and then direction of subsequent salvage operations.
- Evaluation of the extent of damage to a manufacturing
facility after a flood.
- Evaluation of the structural integrity of a dam to allow
trains carrying nuclear waste to pass over the dam.
- Review of the design for a large closed cell cofferdam
used to construct a tidal generating plant in South Korea.
Included were recommendations for alterations of the design
to reduce costs and facilitate construction.
- Analysis of conditions that caused the floor of an
underground parking garage in Puerto Rico to heave.
- Project supervision for an insurance company during the
clean-up and reconstruction of a pier that was damaged
during demolition of an adjacent grain elevator.
- Recommendations for support of a crane during the
lifting of a large replica of a US Navy sailing
- Observation and certification of pile load
As indicated by the partial list
above, HARTMAN ENGINEERING can provide a large variety
of services to a many different clients.